Sunday, September 16, 2012

Tower to Tunnel Outcomes


Well I didn't achieve my goal of a 5k in 25 minutes (yet), but I made a new personal best 27:30. (Woo hoo!)The great thing about running an event is that it gives you an opportunity to reflect on your performance. Then you use that reflection to adjust your training. The key for me will be pacing, speed work and more speed work. I ran faster over all which is great, but if I started out too fast. I have got a few tips from a running coach and friend of mine that I'm going to try so I'll keep you all posted.

Some inspiring moments of the event included seeing the children finish with their parents. One little girl ran while wearing her fathers firefighter trousers. Another hobbled in with a hurt ankle as her father helped her through the finish line. The most inspiring moment is captured below. A Onslow County fireman completed the entire event in full  gear, carrying the heroes' flag, and was accompanied by marines. He was welcomed by cheers and applause it was an overwhelmingly patriotic moment. Shout outs to Erica from the Women's Running Club of Jacksonville. I she took home one of the  overall winner spots for women.

No comments:

Post a Comment