Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lifestyle Change = Results

Inspired by the request of few friends for personal training sessions. I thought I post a review of the book that changed my life. I saw a quote that said abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym, which in my opinion is very true. You'll never reach your weight loss goals unless you change your eating habits and how you perceive what you consume. Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Furham truly change my perception of food and helped me begin a spiritual, mental, and pyhsical journey toward healthy living.

I implore readers to read the book in its entirety before viewing the diet plans in the back. I made this mistake when I first got the book. It wasn't until my mother diagnosis of Leukemia and sister with MS that I did it the right way. Reading Dr. Furhman's explanations of how the FDA rates foods, trends in the American diet, and the truth about animal proteins and phytochemicals made me more willing to follow the plan

Once I followed the diet plan and cleansed my system of  processed and dairy foods, my body fat percentage decreased, I no longer suffered from sinus drainage and headaches, and acid reflux. Week one of the transformation was rough but the knowledge gained form the book strengthened my dedication to the process. It been almost five years since I started the process. Although I reintroduced meat and some cheese into my diet some things have remained absolutes in my lifestyle. I do not eat eating but beans or unsalted tomatoes from a can, I don't use white flour or white bread, I eat 100% whole grain products, I read labels cafefully before I make purchases, and I limit my meat intake to 3-4 oz a day. (Just to name a few changes).

So before you invested in an expense gym membership or personal trainer with faulty expectations, Examine your diet and how you perceive your food. Your hard work in the gym will be jeopardized if you don't change what you put into your body and how you cook it. Changing your body and athletic ability is about a lifestyle change not a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment