Friday, September 7, 2012

Event News: Tower to Tunnel 5k September 15

After much delay I am finally registered for this year's Stephen Siller Tower to Tunnel 5k.  This the second year the event is taking place and the second year I've participated in it. If you are a newbie to running and live in or around Jacksonville  this is a great first 5k. The course is flat and run through downtown. The police and patriot guard block the roads for runners, and people from the neighbors on the course come out and cheer you on as you run. 


50% of the proceeds benefit the Jacksonville USO, specifically Cpl. JB Kerns, who was stationed with 2nd CEB and injured in April of last year. The other 50% benefit the Tunnel to Tower Foundation partnership with Building for America's Bravest.

I am hoping to reach a PR of at least 25 minutes for this one but if not as long as I beat 28:30. My last year I ran the course in 29 minutes but with a year under my belt I am hoping for more. This year I'll also be accompanied by some of the ladies from the Women's Running Club of Jacksonville. Its not to late to sign up, preregistration is $25. All those who preregister will be entered for a drawing to win a WII. Check out the event at www.t2trun.org and happy trails.

S.I.R.G

No comments:

Post a Comment