Tuesday, August 28, 2012

S.I.R.G; Fall Race Season

I love doing races. It keeps me motivated and the training keeps me in great shape. September begins the Fall race season for me. My goal is to do one event each month till the end of the year. I had my heart set on the Tunnel to Towers run in Jacksonville  but with my funds and time schedule I don't know if I will make it. 

At any rate S.I.R.G readers, my goal PR is 25 minutes for my next 5k. Ill be using the fitness magazine training schedule to prepare. I'm four weeks out from the Tunnel to Towers 5k so wish me luck! Ill be posting the results of my training days on my daily mile widget, this may be helpful to all my beginner friends. Beginners make sure you have a speed work, a long run, hills, and easy run mixed in your plans. I'm on week one day two of the plan, which included surges.

For my more experienced runners let me know what training plans you are using to prepare for your next race so we can compare notes. Happy training all! Til next time.

S.I.R.G

No comments:

Post a Comment