Saturday, August 18, 2012

I.R.G. ProFile: Fit Chick Bebe Ramzah

This blog was created with the idea of motivating the everyday women. What better way to inspire; than by sharing stories of women determined to live healthy lifestyles and pay forward that motivation. This month’s I.R.G. (Inspired Runner Girl) is Greensboro running coach, group exercise instructor, and Fit Chicks Movement creator, Bebe Ramzah.

S.I.R.G :How long have you been consistently working out?
Bebe: I have been consistently working out for over 4 years. I had been struggling with Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) since I was 19 years old after a visit to the emergency room with elevated blood pressure I took the advice of the doctor and started working out 4-5 days a week.
S.I.R.G : Has your condition improved?
Bebe: Definitely, I was taking 3 different medications to control my high blood pressure before I started my health and fitness journey. Today after committing to living a fit and healthy lifestyle I am just on one medication. My blood pressure no longer runs me I RUN IT!
S.I.R.G: What has been you biggest challenge and your biggest accomplishment in reaching your health goals?
Bebe: My biggest challenge has been eating right and watching my sodium intake. Its really hard to plan meals and find the time to cook healthy meals sometimes. Especially when there are so many options out their at the drive thru and they are so convenient. I try to plan my means and make healthier choices when I have to grab a meal from a restaurant.
My biggest accomplishment would have to be my non-profit 501(c) organization Fit Chicks Movement. I love the fact that I am able to reach girls and teach them the importance of living a fit and healthy lifestyle and share my love for running with them.
S.I.R.G: What inspires you to run?
Bebe: I am inspired by those who have had to overcome obstacles in life and still push to be the best. I am inspired to run by those who can't run do to health or other reasons. I run for those who struggle with chronic illness and who aren't as fortunate as myself to be able to get up, lace up, and hit the pavement.
S.I.R.G: What's the greatest message you try to pass to the ladies of Fit Chicks?
Bebe: That is it so important to start now and make exercise and proper nutrition a part of your everyday life. It’s about prevention not waiting until you are borderline diabetic or dealing with high blood pressure. That it’s not about a diet or a pill. It’s about watching what you eat and getting up, out, and on the move!
S.I.R.G.: What’s your favorite crossing training activity?

Bebe: Circuit Training class because it pushes me.
S.I.R.G: What’s the longest distance you’ve ever run/walked?
Bebe: 11 miles plus of straight running. Currently training for my first 1/2 marathon (Vegas Rock and Roll Half Marathon) after a couple of injury set backs.
S.I.R.G: Whats your ultimate race goal? For example half, full, ultra?
Bebe: Currently my focus is just on my half in December. After dealing with a couple of injuries and set backs I have learned to take one day and race at a time.
S.I.R.G: What are 3 songs you must have on your playlist.
Bebe: Lupe Fiasco - Show goes on. Rhianna -Fly and Jay Z - Forever Young

No comments:

Post a Comment