Thursday, October 4, 2012

Race Day Countdown: Women's Only 5k

So all my hardwork is down to 2 days before race. I'll be participating in the 20th Anniversary Women's Only 5k in Greensboro, NC  October 6th. The race benefits Mammography Scholarship Fund at  Greensboro's Women's Hospital, which provides screening mammograms for women who cannot afford them. The race is also one the largest Women's Only races in the Country!

 I 'm truly excited to go back to my old stomping, Greensboro. However, I'm even more excited to reunite with my BGR-G sisters (Black Girls Run- Greensboro). According to their facebook page there are 58 members who have committed to go. Running with them will definitely keep me motivated to make my 25 minute PR.

This week my training consisted of a long run on Sunday, core yoga on Monday, two mile timed run and lower body strength Tuesday, iron yoga Wednesday, and an easy run today. I feel really confident going into this race knowing that I listened to my body, stretched, and saved my legs where I needed. I always say the key to a good race day is a great mind set grounded in a positive attitude. I'm going to keep my PR goal and a mental picture of  all the fun to be had afterwards in the forefront of my mind. Can't wait to update you on the outcomes! Happy Racing All!

Semper Inspired Runner Girl
Me and my BGR-G sisters before the Coopers Bridge Run March 2012.
-Lexx

No comments:

Post a Comment