Sunday, December 2, 2012

Merry Fitness 5k : Race Season 2012 Wrapped Up


This weekend I completed The Physical Therapy Clinics Merry Fitness 5k. I gathered with the ladies of the Womens Running Club to do one last event for the year. My goal at the beginning of the fall season was to complete a 5k in 25 minutes. Well I didn't make my goal this year partly because pregnancy has slowed me down. The past two weeks have also been filled with a minor back strain, constant nausea, and a head cold. I knew going into the event that I hadn't done my normal training so I made up my mind to just finish strong. For the first time I can say that I completed a race merely for the fun of it.

I finished in 30:11 seconds. My average pace 9:56, which is slow. Never the less, I ran the entire time and wasnt winded. It really helped seeing the kids put their best foot forward and having my running group mates there to motivate each other.

Merry Fitness 5k was a great family event. Money raised benfited Girls on the Run of Wilmington. There were lots children particpating with youth groups, schools, and with thier parents. Its always great to see kids getting outdoors and running. People dressed up as elves and in Christmas colors, which created a festive atmosphere.







No comments:

Post a Comment