Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Energy Reset: Dr. Oz 3 day detox challenege

In light of a minor back injury and the fact that I have been eating less than acceptable because of the holiday weekend, I decided to push the restart part button on my eating. I caught the Dr. Oz  show yesterday, (which by the way is my favorite daytime show) and he shared a plan for a three-day detox. Although the lunch shake doesn't sound appetizing I think its worth a shot to get my energy level back to where it should be and clean myself of all the processed foods I've been eating the last week. I'll try to post how each day went in the comment section.I have most of the ingredients on the list but well see how my blender works with the celery and cucumber.

DAY 1
Day one wasn't as bad a I thought the morning and lunch smoothie were doable. For dinner however I didn't have the opportunity to get to the store to do get all the ingredients. Instead I had a salad with tomato and onions,and some kale. My energy level was great throughout the the day and I wasn't hungry like I thought I would be. Goal for day two get that last shake in.

Day 2
Day two I did great with breakfast and most of my lunch shake, but I got very sick the rest of the week. I wasn't able to finish the challenge. But I did enjoy the shakes for the most part and my energy was great until being hit with a bug. I would definitely recommend the 3 day challenge especially with the holidays coming up. After all the unhealthy yumminess you may partake in you may need a dietary reboot.

No comments:

Post a Comment